I was craving a little comfort food today and decided to make these savory 'tarts'. They're actually just mini wheat wraps and provide a nice crispy base for whatever you wish to put on top. Handy to have in your cupboard for easy meals.
Serves 4 (1 tart each)
- 4 mini wheat wraps
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 450g cooked new potatoes, sliced
- 250g greek-style yoghurt
- 1 small bunch fresh chives, finely chopped
- 50g oak smoked cheddar cheese (or plain/mature if you prefer), grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- mixed salad leaves to serve (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F / Gas Mark 6.
2. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper then lay 2 wraps on each tray, side by side.
3. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onions, cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes, until softened.
4. Remove the lid, increase the heat and cook for a further 3 minutes, until lightly golden. Stir in the mustard then spread the mix evenly over the wraps. Arrange the potato slices on top, overlapping them slightly.
5. Mix together the yoghurt, chives, and 3/4 of the cheese then spread over the potatoes. Sprinkle over the remainder of the cheese and grind a little black pepper on top.
6. Cook in the oven for 18-20 minutes and serve with mixed salad leaves if desired.
[Recipe by celebrity chef Lesley Waters for Hello! Magazine]