26/03/2013

Grilled Halloumi & Tomato Salad


I was in the mood for a nice salad today but wanted something that wasn't completely cold.  After a rummage in my fridge, I decided to use up the rest of a pack of halloumi for a quick and easy lunch.  Also a random tip for all you dieters out there - low fat halloumi doesn't taste all that different to the full fat stuff.  In fact, it's probably the best tasting low fat vegetarian cheese in my humble opinion. 

Ingredients:-
- Halloumi, sliced
- 1 tbsp flour
- Oil for grilling
- 1 large tomato cut into quarters or a handful of cherry tomatoes
- Two large handfuls of mixed salad leaves

How to:-
1.  Preheat the grill to a high heat.
2.  Slice the halloumi and pat each slice dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
3.  Lightly coat the slices in the flour and then drizzle a little oil over them.  Place under the grill for a few minutes until it's grilled how you like it (I've only lightly grilled mine as you can see), remembering to turn it over half way so that both sides are done evenly.
4.  Place the mixed salad leaves and tomato into a bowl and arrange the grilled halloumi slices on top.

6 comments:

  1. I love the salads, many thanks for share this recipe.
    Now sweetie I´m following you in Bloglovin´ and GFC
    i hope your follow me back.

    xoxo

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum - how i love Halloumi and that lovely squeak.

    ReplyDelete